Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Stretord Library Opening Times
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 4pm
Community meeting roomsBack To Top
We have three community meeting rooms. These are free to hire for any non-profit making organisations/individuals.
- Room 1 - accommodates up to 12 people, also has 6 computers which will be free to use for tuition.
- Room 2 - ideal for one to one sessions but will accommodate up to 4 people.
- Room 3 - accommodates up to 6 people.
There is also a community kitchen available to anyone using these rooms. Please contact 0161 912 3189 to book a room or for further information.
Celebrate Christmas with usBack To Top
On Friday 15 December we are having various Christmas themed events running throughout the day. Have a look on our What's On page for details.
What's onBack To Top
- Readers' Group meets on the fourth Thursday of the month at 5.30pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Colouring group for adults meets every Thursday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Trafford Connexions Advisors drop in service 1.30-4.30pm. Connexions are for 13-19 year olds and provide advice, information, guidance, support and personal development.
- Councillor surgeries every second Thursday 5.30-6.30pm.
- Creative Smiles, every Thursday 5-7pm - this is an art and crafts group for Ladies only who have autism and is run by Alice Darlington. To enquire about joining the group please contact by email: email@example.com
- Rhymetime for under 5s every Friday. Session one 10.30-11.00am. Session two 11.15-11.45am.
- National Careers Service by appointment only (telephone 0800 100900) is every Friday, 10am-4pm - offers assistance with CVs
- Friday mornings - Basic IT, 10am-1pm one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Colouring group for adults meets every Friday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Knit Wits - an informal group that meets every Saturday morning, 10.00 - 12noon to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting.
- Saturday morning - Code club for 7-11 year olds - contact the library for details of the next available course.
- Writers Group for 16+ is every fourth Saturday, 2-3.30pm.
Other regular events
- MP surgery once a month, appointment only, telephone 0161 749 9120.
- Trafford Community College - various courses/dates, to be booked directly with the community college 0161 886 7443.
Stock availableBack To Top
Stretford Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level
- Large print books
- Talking Books on cassette and CD; Playaway digital (MP3) audio books; foreign language tapes and CDs
- A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group
- Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+
- Junior non-fiction
- Talking Books
- Toy Library
Items which are not in stock at Stretford Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking Permits - Blue Car Badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library
- Reference and community information
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Community learning events
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including stationery, books, greeting cards and gift-wrap, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses and CD-ROMs
- Sales of withdrawn stock
AccessibilityBack To Top
- Ramp to library entrance
- Automatic door entry
- People's Network and learndirect PCs accessible for wheelchair users
- Loop system
- Toilet for disabled users located in the foyer
- No lift
- No car park
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Stretford Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.