Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
Libraries Consultation - Phase Two
Phase two of the Trafford Libraries consultation runs from 19 January 2015 to 27 February 2015. A number of proposals have now been developed which residents have the opportunity to view and comment on. Visit our Budget 2015/16 pages for information on how to have your say and to view the feedback from the first phase of the consultation.
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.
Urmston Library has two self-service machines which you will find easy to use. You can use the machines to:
- Take out items
- Return items
- Renew items
- Pay library charges
The self-service machines have a touch screen and clear instructions on each screen. Staff will be available to provide any help needed with using it.
- Look at your borrower account.
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,1st Tuesday of each month at 4pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, 1st Tuesday of the month at 4pm for 10+.
- Rhyme times ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Kiddiewinks at Urmston Library 10.30-11am (contact library for details)
- Babywinks at 11.10am-12.10am
- TAP (Trafford Advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford carers centre 10-1pm & CAB 11-2pm
- Macmillan information point on the second Tuesday of the month 11am - 1pm.
- Trafford Disability Information Service 10am - 12 noon, Drop in session Information provided about anything to do with independent living/disability to disabled people - First Tuesday of every month commencing 3 August 2010.
- Kumon Maths & English for Children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details).
- Creative Writing Group starts Tuesday 10/03 7.00pm-9.00pm and every second Tuesday of the month thereafter.
- Film Group - third Tuesday of each month 7-9.30pm, refreshments provided.
- Self Help Services, 1.30-3.30pm - contact the library for details
- Drama 4 Tots - 10.10am for 0-5 years, 11am for babies not yet walking. (contact library for details)
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- TAP (Trafford advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford Age UK - 10am-1pm & CAB 11am-2pm
- Two Readers' Groups meet each month. Group 1-First Thursday of the month 2-3pm. Group 2-Last Friday of the month 6-7pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Movers - 10am & 11am (contact Library for details).
- Toddler Gym, 12.45pm-1.40pm and 2pm-3pm, for children 18 months-36 months. To book ring 0161 912 2122
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Drop in Tablet, Smartphone and E-reader advice sessions 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
- TAP (Trafford Advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford CIL 10am-1pm & CAB 11am-2pm
- Urmston Baby Club 0-18 months only. 10.30am-11.30am term time only, £1 charge.
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
- Kumon Maths & English for children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details)
- Children's Film Club - second Friday of each month 6.30-8pm, refreshments are provided.
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
- Kumon Maths & English for children(contact library for details)
- Lingtots (language classes for babies/toddlers/children - Mandarin class- 10.15-11.15 & Spanish class 11.15-12.15(contact library for details).
MP surgery once a month by appointment. Telephone 0161 749 9120 to make an appointment.
Trafford Community College - various course are held. Book directly with the community college, 0161 886 7443.
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Online library catalogue.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white photocopying, fax, comb-binding and laminating.
- Colour photocopying.
- Regular activities for all ages.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- DVDs, Talking Books on cassette, CD and Playaway digital (MP3) audio books, foreign language tapes and CDs.
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- DVDs and Talking Books.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.