Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.
Urmston Library has two self-service machines which you will find easy to use. You can use the machines to:
- Take out items
- Return items
- Renew items
- Pay library charges
The self-service machines have a touch screen and clear instructions on each screen. Staff will be available to provide any help needed with using it.
- Look at your borrower account.
- Tiny Talkers Musical baby signing 10am. Contact 07753709110 for more information
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,1st Tuesday of each month at 4pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, 1st Tuesday of the month at 4pm for 10+.
- Rhyme times ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Macmillan information point on the second Tuesday of the month 11am - 1pm.
- Trafford Disability Information Service 10am - 12 noon, Drop in session Information provided about anything to do with independent living/disability to disabled people - First Tuesday of every month commencing 3 August 2010.
- Kumon Maths & English for Children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details).
- Drama 4 Tots - 10.10am for 0-5 years, 11am for babies only. Contact 07977229503 for more information.
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- Two Readers' Groups meet each month.Group 1-First Thursday of the month 2-3pm. Group 2-Last Friday of the month 6-7pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Movers - 10am & 11am (contact Library for details).
- Toddler Gym, 12.45pm-1.40pm and 2pm-3pm, for children 18 months-36 months. To book ring 0161 912 2122
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Drop in Tablet, Smartphone and E-reader advice sessions 2pm-5pm
- Urmston Baby Club 0-18 months only. 10.30am -11.30am term time only, £1 charge.
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Online library catalogue.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white photocopying, fax, comb-binding and laminating.
- Colour photocopying.
- Regular activities for all ages.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- DVDs, Talking Books on cassette, CD and Playaway digital (MP3) audio books, foreign language tapes and CDs.
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- DVDs and Talking Books.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.