Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
What's onBack To Top
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. 10am-12noon. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Colouring group for adults.. The group meets every Tuesday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,first Tuesday of each month at 4.00-4.45pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, first Tuesday of the month at 4.30-5.15pm for 10-12 year olds.
- Rhymetime ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Kiddiewinks at Urmston Library 10.30-11.20am - contact Kate on 07870 625 513 for details and to reserve a place.
- Babywinks at 11.30am-12noon - contact Kate on 07870 625 513 for details and to reserve a place.
- Self Help Services, 1.30-3.30pm
- Purple Buttercup pottery painting and craft activites 2-5.30pm - contact Jan on 07789990057 or Lee on 07810898582.
- Page Turners Readers' Group - fourth Tuesday of the month 5.45-6.55pm.
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- Crochet Group for adults every Wednesday 1-3pm. Come and join us for chat and support. These are free drop in sessions with a small charge for refreshments. Contact Barbara, 07747 844749 or Chris, 07896 521760 for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Thursday morning - Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Groovers - 10am & 11am - contact Liz on 07973 875 168 for details.
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Chatterbooks Group 3 - first Thursday of the month, 4.00-4.45pm, for 7-10 year olds.
- Urmston Baby Club up to 12 months only (or until walking). 10am-11am term time only, £1 charge. Please contact the Children's Centre on 0161 912 2122 for further details.
- Rhymetime 11am for under fives
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Spanish for 0-5 years olds, 1.45-2.45pm, for information about charges and other details visit the Lingotot website or the Lingotot Facebook page
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
- Creative Writing Group meets on the third Saturday of each month, 1-3.45pm.
- Saturday morning - Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. 10am-12noon. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Saturday afternoon - code club for 7-11 year olds. Contact the library for details of the next available course.
- Lingotots Spanish for 0-4 year olds, 10.20-11.20am, contact Ashley on 07826065542.
- Lingotots Spanish for 5-11 year olds, 11.20am-12.20pm, contact Ashley on 07826065542.
- Lingotots Mandarin for 0-11 year olds, 10.30-11.30am, contact Ashley on 07526065542.
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
MP surgery once a month by appointment. Telephone 0161 749 9120 to make an appointment.
Trafford Community College - various course are held. Book directly with the community college, 0161 886 7443.
Stock availableBack To Top
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- Talking Books on cassette, CD and Playaway digital (MP3) audio books, foreign language tapes and CDs.
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- Talking Books.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
AccessibilityBack To Top
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.