Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack to top
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
Family LEGO® Brick Building ClubBack to top
Saturday 2-3pm, 27 October, 24 November.
Be creative, learn new skills and have fun at our new LEGO® Brick Building Club. For children aged 6-11 and their grown up(s)! We will also have Duplo® bricks available for younger children to join in the building fun.
Just drop in to the session. For more information please contact Urmston.email@example.com or 0161 912 3189.
Young Adult Readers' GroupBack to top
A monthly book group for young people, aged 10–14.
The group meets on the last Tuesday of the month at 4.15 – 5.00pm at Urmston Library.
Our meetings are fun, friendly and encourage debate; the aim is to help young people to develop a ‘love of reading’ for pleasure. We pick a different book every month that aims to challenge our young people and make them think. This will include poetry, non-fiction, comic books, and a range of teen fiction.
Ask at the counter for more info, call 0161 912 3189, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's onBack to top
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. 10am-12noon. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Gentle Yoga - join us for a gentle exercise class aimed at people looking to be more active. Suitable for all abilities and no previous experience of yoga needed. Sessions take place every Monday at 1.30pm. There is a £2 charge per session payable at the library counter on the day.
- Colouring group for adults.. The group meets every Tuesday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,first Tuesday of each month at 4.00-4.45pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, first Tuesday of the month at 4.30-5.15pm for 10-12 year olds.
- Rhymetime ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Babywinks at 11.30am-12noon - contact Kate on 07870 625 513 for details and to reserve a place.
- Page Turners Readers' Group - fourth Tuesday of the month 5.45-6.55pm.
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- Crochet Group for adults every Wednesday 1-3pm. Come and join us for chat and support. These are free drop in sessions with a small charge for refreshments. Contact Barbara, 07747 844749 or Chris, 07896 521760 for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Thursday morning - Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Groovers - 10am & 11am - contact Liz on 07973 875 168 for details.
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Chatterbooks Group 3 - first Thursday of the month, 4.00-4.45pm, for 7-10 year olds.
- Rhymetime 11am for under fives
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Spanish for 0-5 year olds, 2.00PM-2.45PM. For
information about charges and other details call Ashley on 07826 065542 or
visit Primary Language School Manchester website or the Facebook page
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
- Creative Writing Group meets on the third Saturday of each month, 1-3.45pm.
- Family Yoga - mums, dads, kids, grandparents - join us for some healthy weekend yoga. Have fun with animal poses and practise some simple breathing techniques. No experience needed and everyone welcome. Sessions take place on the second Saturday of the month at 2pm, please see our events calendar for details. Adults £2 and under 16s £1, payable at the library counter on the day.
- Saturday morning - Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. 10am-12noon. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Spanish for 0-4 year olds, 10.15AM-11.15AM and 5-11
yer olds, 11.30AM-12.30PM. For information about charges and other details call
Ashley on 07826 065542 or visit Primary Language School Manchester website or the Facebook page
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
MP surgery once a month by appointment. Telephone 0161 749 9120 to make an appointment.
Trafford Community College - various course are held. Book directly with the community college, 0161 886 7443.
Stock availableBack to top
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- Talking Books on CD
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- Talking Books on CD
We have a large selection of eBooks and eAudio available from Borrowbox.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack to top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack to top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
AccessibilityBack to top
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.