Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
Mobile Farm - National Bookstart Week eventBack To Top
Wednesday 7 June, 11am-1.30pm.
The Mobile Farm comes to the library. Meet cute bunnies, lambs, goats, ducklings and chickens. Celebrate National Bookstart Week and explore the outdoors, indoors. Everyone welcome. Find out more about Mobile Farm on their website.
What's onBack To Top
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. 10am-12noon. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Colouring group for adults.. The group meets every Tuesday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,first Tuesday of each month at 4.00-4.45pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, first Tuesday of the month at 4.30-5.15pm for 10-12 year olds.
- Rhymetime ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Kiddiewinks at Urmston Library 10.30-11.20am - contact Kate on 07870 625 513 for details and to reserve a place.
- Babywinks at 11.30am-12noon - contact Kate on 07870 625 513 for details and to reserve a place.
- Kumon Maths & English for Children 4pm-6pm - contact Sharon on 0161 749 8177 for details
- Self Help Services, 1.30-3.30pm
- Purple Buttercup pottery painting and craft activites 2-5.30pm - contact Jan on 07789990057 or Lee on 07810898582.
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- Crochet Group for adults every Wednesday 1-3pm. Come and join us for chat and support. These are free drop in sessions with a small charge for refreshments. Contact Susan at Crochetgroup@outlook.com for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Thursday morning - Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Groovers - 10am & 11am - contact Liz on 07973 875 168 for details.
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Chatterbooks Group 3 - first Thursday of the month, 4.00-4.45pm, for 7-10 year olds.
- Urmston Baby Club up to 12 months only (or until walking). 10am-11am term time only, £1 charge. Please contact the Children's Centre on 0161 912 2122 for further details.
- Rhymetime 11am for under fives
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Spanish for 0-5 years olds, 1.45-2.45pm, for information about charges and other details visit the Lingotot website or the Lingotot Facebook page
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
- Kumon Maths & English for children 4pm-6pm - contact Sharon on 0161 749 8177 for details.
- Kumon Maths & English for children - contact Sharon on 0161 749 8177 for details.
- Creative Writing Group meets on the third Saturday of each month, 1-3.45pm.
- Saturday morning - Basic IT one to one advice sessions for tablets, smartphones, laptops and PCs. 10am-12noon. Contact the library to book an appointment.
- Saturday afternoon - code club for 7-11 year olds. Contact the library for details of the next available course.
- Lingotots Spanish for 0-4 year olds, 10.20-11.20am, contact Ashley on 07826065542.
- Lingotots Spanish for 5-11 year olds, 11.20am-12.20pm, contact Ashley on 07826065542.
- Lingotots Mandarin for 0-11 year olds, 10.30-11.30am, contact Ashley on 07526065542.
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
MP surgery once a month by appointment. Telephone 0161 749 9120 to make an appointment.
Trafford Community College - various course are held. Book directly with the community college, 0161 886 7443.
Stock availableBack To Top
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- Talking Books on cassette, CD and Playaway digital (MP3) audio books, foreign language tapes and CDs.
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- Talking Books.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white and colour photocopying.
- Colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
AccessibilityBack To Top
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.