Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
What's onBack To Top
See our Big Friendly Read page for details of Summer Reading Challenge events for children on our libraries.
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- New colouring group for adults starts on Tuesday 12 July. The group will meet every Tuesday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,first Tuesday of each month at 4.00-4.45pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, first Tuesday of the month at 4.30-5.15pm for 10-12 year olds.
- Rhyme times ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Kiddiewinks at Urmston Library 11.10am-12.10pm (contact library for details)
- Babywinks at 10.30-11.00am
- TAP (Trafford Advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford carers centre 10-1pm & CAB 11-2pm
- Macmillan information point on the second Tuesday of the month 11am - 1pm.
- Trafford Disability Information Service 10am - 12 noon, Drop in session - information provided about anything to do with independent living/disability. First Tuesday of every month commencing 3 August 2010.
- Kumon Maths & English for Children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details).
- Film Group - third Tuesday of each month 7-9.30pm, refreshments provided.
- Self Help Services, 1.30-3.30pm - contact the library for details
- Drama 4 Tots - 10.10am for 0-5 years, 11am for babies not yet walking. (contact library for details)
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- Crochet Group for adults every Wednesday 1-3pm. Come and join us for chat and support. These are free drop in sessions with a small charge for refreshments. Contact Susan at Crochetgroup@outlook.com for further details.
- Two Readers' Groups meet each month. Group 1-First Thursday of the month 2-3pm. Group 2-Last Friday of the month 6-7pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Movers - 10am & 11am (contact Library for details).
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Chatterbooks Group 3 - first Thursday of the month, 4.00-4.45pm, for 7-10 year olds.
- Drop in Tablet, Smartphone and E-reader advice sessions 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
- TAP (Trafford Advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford CIL 10am-1pm & CAB 11am-2pm
- Urmston Baby Club 0-18 months only. 10am-11am term time only, £1 charge.
- Rhymetime 11am for under fives
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Spanish for 0-5 years olds, 1.45-2.45pm, for information about charges and other details visit the Lingotot website or the Lingotot Facebook page
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
- Kumon Maths & English for children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details)
- Kumon Maths & English for children(contact library for details)
- Creative Writing Group meets on the third Saturday of each month, 2-3.30pm.
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
MP surgery once a month by appointment. Telephone 0161 749 9120 to make an appointment.
Trafford Community College - various course are held. Book directly with the community college, 0161 886 7443.
Stock availableBack To Top
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- DVDs, Talking Books on cassette, CD and Playaway digital (MP3) audio books, foreign language tapes and CDs.
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- DVDs and Talking Books.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white photocopying, comb-binding and laminating.
- Colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
AccessibilityBack To Top
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.