Telephone: 0161 912 3189
Opening timesBack To Top
Urmston Library Opening Times
|Day ||Opening Times |
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 5pm
10am - 7pm
10am - 4pm
The Butterfly's Adventure Wednesday 26 October 11am to 12 noonBack To Top
Martin the fuzzy caterpillar’s bag is all packed ready for his biggest adventure yet. Can you help him through the grassy green meadow, across the raging river in search of his missing wings?
Join the Scallywags Theatre Company at Urmston Library for a magical, interactive, fun-filled performance with live music and puppetry. There will be a caterpillar-themed craft session at the end of the show.
Aimed at children aged 4+ but all welcome! As places are limited, booking is required. Tickets can be booked through the Eventbrite website. Adults do not need tickets. For more details, ring 912 3189 or email email@example.com
What's onBack To Top
- Knitting and Sewing group meets every Monday 1.30 - 3.30pm to learn new stitches, swap patterns and chat about knitting and sewing.
- Colouring group for adults.. The group meets every Tuesday, 2.30-4.00pm. Why not join the fun, come along to relax, colour and chat.
- Chatterbooks - Group 1,first Tuesday of each month at 4.00-4.45pm for 7-10 year olds. Group 2, first Tuesday of the month at 4.30-5.15pm for 10-12 year olds.
- Rhyme times ages 0-5 years, 1.30pm.
- Kiddiewinks at Urmston Library 11.10am-12.10pm (contact library for details)
- Babywinks at 10.30-11.00am
- TAP (Trafford Advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford carers centre 10-1pm & CAB 11-2pm
- Macmillan information point on the second Tuesday of the month 11am - 1pm.
- Trafford Disability Information Service 10am - 12 noon, Drop in session - information provided about anything to do with independent living/disability. First Tuesday of every month commencing 3 August 2010.
- Kumon Maths & English for Children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details)..
- Self Help Services, 1.30-3.30pm - contact the library for details
- Drama 4 Tots - 10.10am for 0-5 years, 11am for babies not yet walking. (contact library for details)
- Storytime for under 5s every Wednesday at 2.15pm.
- Crochet Group for adults every Wednesday 1-3pm. Come and join us for chat and support. These are free drop in sessions with a small charge for refreshments. Contact Susan at Crochetgroup@outlook.com for further details.
- Two Readers' Groups meet each month. Group 1-First Thursday of the month 2-3pm. Group 2-Last Friday of the month 6-7pm. Please see our Readers' Group page for further details.
- Welfare Rights sessions every Thursday afternoon - appointment only.
- Rhymetime 1.30pm for 0 - 5yrs.
- Little Movers - 10am & 11am (contact Library for details).
- Afternoon Reading Group - 1st Thursday of each month 2pm-3pm.
- Chatterbooks Group 3 - first Thursday of the month, 4.00-4.45pm, for 7-10 year olds.
- Drop in Tablet, Smartphone and E-reader advice sessions 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
- TAP (Trafford Advice Partnership) webcam service - Trafford CIL 10am-1pm & CAB 11am-2pm
- Urmston Baby Club up to 12 months only (or until walking). 10am-11am term time only, £1 charge.
- Rhymetime 11am for under fives
- Crimetime Reading Group 2pm-3pm last Friday of each month.
- Spanish for 0-5 years olds, 1.45-2.45pm, for information about charges and other details visit the Lingotot website or the Lingotot Facebook page
- Urmston Evening reading Group - 6pm-7pm meets last Friday of each month.
- Kumon Maths & English for children 4pm-6pm (contact library for details)
- Kumon Maths & English for children(contact library for details)
- Creative Writing Group meets on the third Saturday of each month, 2-3.30pm.
Other regular events:
- Coffee Mornings.
- Holiday craft sessions for 4-8 year olds.
MP surgery once a month by appointment. Telephone 0161 749 9120 to make an appointment.
Trafford Community College - various course are held. Book directly with the community college, 0161 886 7443.
Stock availableBack To Top
Urmston Library has the following items available for loan:
- Hardback and paperback fiction, including bestsellers and contemporary novels
- Non-fiction books ranging from popular interest topics to more academic subjects, in some cases up to AS and A level.
- Large print books.
- DVDs, Talking Books on cassette, CD and Playaway digital (MP3) audio books, foreign language tapes and CDs.
A wide range of material chosen to appeal to this age group.
Stories for all ages from the youngest up to 13+.
- Junior non-fiction.
- DVDs and Talking Books.
Items which are not in stock at Urmston Library but are available from another Trafford library can be requested free of charge.
Council servicesBack To Top
- Environmental services
- Highways/traffic enquiries
- Housing benefit/Council tax service
- Street lighting/cleaning
- Disabled Parking badges
- Pest control
- Waste disposal/recycling
Other servicesBack To Top
- Free reservations for any item in stock or on order at any Trafford library.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Reference and community information.
- Computer facilities, including access to the Internet, are available to library members via People's Network PCs.
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- Black and white photocopying, comb-binding and laminating.
- Colour photocopying.
- Community learning events.
- A range of adaptive equipment for customers with disabilities - please ask staff for details
- A Library shop offering quality goods at affordable prices, including books, greeting cards, educational wallcharts and workbooks, Readyspex reading glasses.
- Sales of withdrawn stock.
- Large exhibition space which can be divided into three separate rooms (bookings made through Community Lettings).
AccessibilityBack To Top
All services on first floor level. Lift and escalator available.
- People's Network PC accessible for wheelchair users.
- Toilet for disabled users and baby change facilities.
- Hearing loop system.
- Secure parking in nearby car park.
- Bus stop outside the library.
For more detailed information about the accessibility of Urmston Library, please visit the DisabledGo website.