Music Service Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for:
- Parents/carers/schools who have filled in any Trafford Music Service application forms for students to take part in any musical activity with Trafford Music Service either at school or in the Claremont Centre. Examples of this include, but is not limited to, applications for music lessons, holidays clubs, ABRSM exam entries and aural/theory training & ensembles.
We collect, or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To provide you with on-going organisational information
- To raise invoices for the services you receive from us.
- To communicate with you about opportunities from ourselves. This will include, but it not limited to, performance opportunities, continuation information from different schools and information regarding appropriate ensembles to join for musical development. We will also e-mail you regarding updates on concert details, lesson changes or any issues that may affect your child’s learning with us for example, safeguarding procedures at the Claremont Centre. We do not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide this service to you and to allow us to look after your child when they are in our care.
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Information about you and your child which we need in order to provide and charge for our services
- To help us to look after your child whilst they are in our care. This will include your child’s name, date of birth, school year and school as well as your name, your postal address, email address and phone numbers.
- We also ask for medical conditions and SEN information relating to your child as part of our pastoral care responsibilities. In the case of our Assisted Tuition Scheme (bursaries), we will collect a range of additional information (including financial status) to enable us to assess applications for funding.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- Photography: We request consent during the application process to use images specifically for Trafford Music Service Website www.traffordmusicservice.co.uk, social media such as @musicintrafford on Twitter and Facebook- Trafford Music Service site and printed promotional material. For any other use of photos or images we will seek specific consent.
- Invoicing and Communications: We request agreement to our terms and conditions to use your information for reasonable communications regarding your query, provision for your child, invoicing, or additional activities of specific musical education interest.
Consequences if information is not provided
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to provide the requested services. For example, if you do not supply necessary information such a contact number and e-mail or postal address we will not be able to set up your request.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- The personal data supplied by you is controlled and processed by our staff at Trafford Music Service. In order to continue our services we engage data software and website companies as processors to more effectively process our data. These processors are listed below and they abide by GDPR regulations. We will not share your information and no third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. For example, if we are required to complete a Local Authority’s child licensing application for a concert performance, your child’s name, postcode and date of birth will be used in our application. We will also share basic information about your child’s instrumental music education with junior/secondary schools as part of our transition support for young musicians moving from Y2 to Y3 & Y6 toY7.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Speed admin: Processes data for our data software
- Mervyn Payne Web Design: Website hosting
- Trafford Council Schools: Instrumental lesson information shared with schools
- Trafford Council: Secured data holding area
- Arts Council/GM Hub: Non-specific/sensitive overarching data showed for grant purposes
As well as information collected directly from you, we also obtain or receive information from:
- Trafford Council: Supplies us with individual UPN numbers which are put on our database to identify students
- Trafford Council Schools: Where schools fill in application forms on behalf of one of their students where the school are responsible for paying for lessons
- Social Services: Let us know if any looked after children.
For this service:
- All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention
Our Corporate Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information. For further information on how long we retain your data in accordance with retention guidelines, please contact email@example.com
Rights of individuals
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Thursday 28 May 2020 09:37