Parking Services Privacy Notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council’s primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information:
- For parking services customers
We collect, or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- Penalty Charge Notices issued for enforcement purposes;
- Resident Permit Applications.
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- DVLA registered keeper/owner details for penalty charge notices;
- Vehicle details and proof of ownership and residency for permits.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- Traffic Management Act 2004, part 6 for penalty charge notices;
- Prevention and detection of fraud - Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Other bodies responsible for auditing and administering public funds;
- We also obtain or receive information from:
- DVLA; Traffic Penalty Tribunal;
- Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court; Enforcement Agent.
For this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Our Corporate Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information. For further information on how long we retain your data in accordance with retention guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner is accessible in our guide to exercising your rights.
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer back to this page for the most up-to-date version.
This page was last modified: Tuesday 26 May 2020 11:30