Door supervisor's licence

Door Supervisors working at nightclubs and similar premises must be registered under a local scheme. The Government set up the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and they now manage the licensing of the private security industry as set out in the Private Security Industry Act 2001.

Anyone wishing to apply for a licence will need to undergo a criminal records check; the SIA will only grant licences to people who have the right skills and training to do the job. 

Door supervisors only need one licence to work anywhere in England and Wales. It is against the law to work as a door supervisor without an SIA licence.

For more information contact the SIA on 08702 430 100 or view the Security Industry Authority website.

Trafford Council has a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you provide on any application form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.