Skip permit

Skip companies wishing to apply for a permit to deposit a skip on the highway must first register with the Highway Authority before a permit application can be made.

Skips should not be placed on the highway until confirmation that the appropriate documentation and fee have been received and permit actually issued.

Any skip placed on the highway must have warning lights placed on the skip from 30 minutes after sunset though to 30 minutes before sunrise otherwise you will face a fine.

It is in the public interest that each submitted application form is processed before being granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please do not hesitate to contact us.

What are the Regulations?

How long does a Permit last for?

Your permit will last for a maximum of 4 weeks from the date of issue.

How can I make a complaint regarding location of a skip?

Skips must not be sited on a footpath. Any complaints about the locations or safety of the skips should be reported instantly please use the contact details below and this will be dealt with accordingly.

Failed Application Redress or Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance. An appointed arbitrator will determine if consent has been unreasonably withheld.

Consumer complaints

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Advice Guide will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.