Designated Premises Supervisor Variation

This page relates to changing a Designated Premises Supervisor(DPS) only.

A Designated Premises Supervisor must hold a Personal Licence and is the person specified on the Premises Licence who is responsible for authorising the supply of alcohol.

This person must be readily identifiable and will normally be given day to day responsibility for running the premises.

You must be 18 years or over to become a DPS.

Documents required

  • DPS Consent Form
  • A copy of your Personal Licence (photo licence and/or paper licence)

If you cannot provide all relevant documentation at the time of aplying your application will be rejected.


  • The fee is £23.00
  • You will be sent a payment receipt reference, you need this reference to enter on the web form


  1. Select Licensing from the "all categories" drop down menu
  2. Select apply
  3. Select Premises Licence - Variation/Amendment/Copy
  4. Make your payment

Final steps

Once recieved your application will be forwarded to Greater Manchester Police and the Home Office, who have 14 days beginning with the day on which they are notified of the application in which to submit a representation.

Should there be no representation to the application the application will be granted and the amended licence issued to you in due course.

Apply here