We do not undertake treatment for these insects
Psocids are common but harmless pests smaller than a pinhead, pale yellow - brown in colour. They are widely found in domestic kitchens and food premises, usually on flour, other cereal products and milk powder. They prefer to live in dark, warm humid places such as the folds of packaging in food cupboards. They are difficult to completely eradicate.
- Remove affected food and dispose of outside.
- If non food items are infested freezing for a few days may be an option.
- Check behind labels on cans and bottles.
- Ensure that premises and cupboards are thoroughly aired and dry, thereby deterring the development of moulds and denying insects their food source.
- For larger infested areas use a dehumidifier to take moisture out of the atmosphere.
- Use residual insecticides, such as crawling insect sprays applied to surfaces may also help control these insects