Computer and internet access
PCs are available in all Trafford Libraries. You can automatically log on to a PC with your library card number and PIN. PC sessions can also be booked.
How do I book a PC session?
There are three ways to book a PC session:
- You can book a 1 hour session online.
- You can call in at any library to book a session.
- You can phone any library to book 1 hour session.
Is there a charge to use a PC?
- Our PCs are free to use for an hour a day
- If you wish to book a longer session there is a charge of 50p per half hour or part half hour.
- Extra time must be paid for at the time of booking and no refunds can be given.
- Users registered with Trafford Libraries as visually impaired, who need to use screen magnification software, are exempt from PC charges.
What is available on the PCs?
- Free high-speed internet access.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Each library has one PC with disabled access, large keyboard and trackball as well as software for those needing screen magnification.
- Scanners are available in most libraries.
Can I print from a PC?
- Black and white printing is available for 10p per sheet.
- Colour printing is available for 50p per sheet.
Can I save my work?
- You can save to CD or USB memory stick.
- You will need to save any work before the end of your session as it will be lost once the session ends.
Can I get help using the computers?
To help users who are new to computers we have included a link to the BBC Webwise site - here you will find help on the basics of using computers and the internet as well as some more advanced topics. It's free and you don't need to register or sign up.
Can I get any help from staff in the libraries?
Several libraries in Trafford run Silver Surfers sessions. The nature of these varies from informal groups to tutored classes. It is best to check with the library to make sure their group will cater for your needs. The following libraries run Silver Surfer sessions.
Use of the equipment is governed by the Trafford libraries acceptable use policy and Code of conduct.