Children are all smiles after their nursery was recognised to be ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Inspectors lavished praise on Sanyu Daycare, Old Trafford, for its quality of education, as well as its excellent staff and leaders. The nursery – run by Trafford Council – offers affordable, flexible childcare for children from three months old.
Cllr Karina Carter, Trafford Council’s lead member for education, said:
I am delighted with the judgement from Ofsted and the positive comments in the report. The nursery is a brilliant place that the children love coming to and I would like to congratulate the staff and parents for their hard work in ensuring that the children have an Outstanding nursery provision.”
The report said:
- Children blossom in this nurturing and highly inclusive nursery where every child really does matter.
- Children's uniqueness is celebrated and embraced.
- Leaders and staff work exceptionally hard to remove any potential barriers to engagement so that all children benefit from the impressive levels of care and education on offer.
- Staff skilfully adapt activities and enhance the learning environment to an outstanding level.
- For instance, babies gasp with delight as they experience the sensory delight of a messy mixture dripping from their fingers.
- Older children persist and try very hard to chop cucumber into four pieces, before being challenged to calculate how many pieces are left after taking one away to eat.
- During the inspection, children were seen playing and interacting with staff, who were praised for the care and attention they gave.
Cllr Carter added:
Quality care is so important from an early age. It’s the foundation for success in later life so I am thrilled that our nursery offers outstanding care and education to our children.”
Sanyu offers a range of places for children from age three months to five years, including free early education places for eligible two and three year-old children. If you are interested in a place for your child, you can contact the nursery on 0161 912 2118.
Posted on Friday 24th January 2020