Trafford Council has launched its “Join Trafford – we’re EPIC!” campaign to recruit more experienced social workers to help shape the future of Children's Social Care in the borough.
The service is committed to providing children and families with high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals, to support them to reach their full potential. It focuses on attracting and retaining the best social workers by providing all the conditions they need to thrive.
Trafford is a diverse, vibrant borough just two miles from the centre of Manchester, and its Children’s Services is committed to:
- Promoting diversity in the workforce to mirror the community they support
- Promoting a restorative practice approach, working with families building on their strengths and empowering them to achieve their goals
- Flexible working and a healthy work life balance
- Small caseloads and teams with supportive managers
- Valuing social workers:
- Paying for the Social Work registration
- Offering a comprehensive in-house training and personal development programme (including one for aspiring leaders and the chance to train as a practice educator)
- Hosting an annual conference for social worker to spend time away from the day job focusing on learning, networking and developing practice.
Focused on the Council’s EPIC Values of Empower, People-Centred, Inclusive and Collaborative, the campaign aims to attract experienced social workers looking for a new challenge.
Cllr Catherine Hynes, Trafford Council’s Executive Member for Children’s Social Care, said:
This is an exciting time to join the children’s social care team in Trafford. Trafford really is a great place to work and offers a supportive, empowering and inspiring environment. We are on a positive journey of change and are looking for dynamic, collaborative and compassionate people to join us as we build and strengthen our team.
To find out more visit www.trafford.gov.uk/jobs.
Posted on Tuesday 30th June 2020