Adult social care complaints procedure

Who can complain?

Any person receiving or wanting a service from adult social care, their parents or carers.

How do I make a complaint?

The quickest way to make a complaint is using our online complaints form.

Stage 1

All complaints are taken seriously. The person taking your complaint will write down the information and you should expect the complaint to be resolved quickly. The regulations allow for straightforward matters to be dealt with by the next working day.

For more complex matters we will send you an acknowledgement and let you know who will look into your complaint. That person will contact you directly to discuss the details of your complaint and to agree the timescale for replying to you. You will be kept informed about the progress of the complaint and if, for any reason, the timescale has to be extended we will tell you why.

We want to ensure that complaints are dealt with efficiently and are properly investigated. We will do our best to resolve matters to your satisfaction. We will treat you with respect and courtesy and respond to your complaint in a timely and appropriate manner.

Stage 2

If you feel that a complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction by the Local Authority Adult Social Services you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman to look into the matter for you. However, we will make every effort to resolve matters before reaching that stage.

Services commissioned on behalf of Trafford service users

In many cases we commission services from organisations and agencies which are in whole or in part funded by us but we do not directly provide the service.

If your complaint is solely about one of these services you can contact them directly. They are obliged under regulation to have their own robust complaints procedure and you should receive a response from them.

If you prefer you can contact us and with your consent we will forward the complaint for you and ask them to respond to you.

If you are unhappy with the response or receive no response then let us know and we will try to help.

Useful contacts

Customer Relationships Team - Adult Social Care

Trafford Council
Trafford Town Hall
Talbot Road
M32 0TH

Telephone: 0161 912 2000 
Fax: 0161 912 5774

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Telephone: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
Fax: 024 7682 0001

Care Quality Commission
Finsbury Tower
103-105 Bunhill Row

Telephone: 0300 061 6161