Making a complaint about a taxi
You can make a complaint to us about a Hackney Carriage taxi or Private Hire cab.
Licensing can investigate complaints such as:
- Overcharging (Hackney Carriage only)
- Refusal to hire
- Rudeness/verbal abuse
- Journey routes
- Physical makeup of vehicle (e.g. cleanliness)
- Safety of vehicle (e.g. seatbelts in working order).
Other complaints such as dangerous driving, assault or theft should be reported to the Police and then to the Licensing Authority.
How to complain
All complaints must be sent in writing and you can make a complaint online.
You should include:
- Description of the incident driver's badge
- Plate number or registration number of the vehicle
- Date and time of the incident and journey details, (from and to)
- Other passengers present
- Private Hire Operator name
- Your contact details.
Make a complaint online
If you have made a complaint, it will be passed to the appropirate department who will allocte it to an appropirate officer to respond fully. This will usually be within 20 days of our receipt of the complaint.