Opened 13 December 1894. No new graves are available but burials do take place in those plots where the exclusive rights of burial still exist and the interment of cremated remains in existing family graves. There are vaults available for the interment of cremated remains. The chapel is available for services.
The cemetery is on the A538 which runs from Altrincham to Wilmslow approximately 2 miles from Altrincham train/tram interchange. There are a number of bus routes from the interchange one being the No 18 which runs every half hour taking about 10 minutes. There is a stop right outside the cemetery gates.