Information for marriage of same sex couples

Same sex couples can have a civil marriage at a register office or other building licensed for marriage. They may also have a religious marriage where the religious organisation has 'opted in' to conduct such ceremonies and the minister of religion agrees.

You can also convert your civil partnership to a marriage.

Couples can find information about the differences between a Civil Partnership and a Same Sex Marriage on GOV.UK. You can contact us if you would like further information. 

How to book an appointment