Coronavirus (Covid-19): parks and green spaces
Our parks and green spaces are staying open for the moment so you can relax and get some fresh air. Please follow the government’s social distancing guidance by keeping two metres apart from other people. To help you and your family stay safe, park facilities including all play areas, bowling greens and pets corners are now closed until further notice. Where these facilities are gated, these will be locked and should not be used.
Please follow this advice:
- Do not use park facilities including bowling greens, pets' corners, tennis courts and Multi-use Game Areas (MUGAs). These are closed until further notice
- Public toilets in parks are closed until further notice
- If you are using our parks and green spaces, be aware that we will try and cut the grass but it may not always be possible. Do not contact us about the length of the grass in parks
- Continue to use the litter bins. We are still emptying them as normal. If you see a full litter bin, please report on www.trafford.gov.uk/report-it or contact us on 03330 035865
- We encourage everyone to follow government guidance on minimising mass gatherings or events and ask that you follow these in our parks and green spaces. If visiting a park with friends or family, please remember that groups of no more than two people are allowed, and you should keep two meters apart from each other. This guidance is under review and may change following the latest government advice
- You should continue to take simple steps such as washing your hands regularly. It is important at this time for us all to follow good hygiene practices by washing our hands with soap and water often - use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
The access road to Sale Water Park is closed but the park remains open
As a green space, Sale Water Park remains open to local residents. However we are actively discouraging people to visit by car from further away, during the Coronavirus pandemic. This is in line with the Government guidance not to travel unless essential.
The access road to Sale Water Park has been closed in partnership with Greater Manchester Police. Local residents can still access the park on foot. We continue to urge people not to visit from further away, as we aim to limit the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus. Your help and understanding is greatly appreciated at this time.
- Catch it – Germs spread easily. Always carry tissues and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- Bin it – Dispose of your tissue as soon as possible in the nearest litter bin
- Kill it – Hands can transfer germs to every surface you touch. Wash your hands as soon as you can
Updated 24 March, 2020.