Food and garden waste
Food and garden waste is collected in a green bin or green caddy every week. Your bin or caddy should be available for collection from the edge of your property property, or your collection point, from 6.30am on the day of collection.
What food waste can be recycled?
- Raw and cooked meat and fish – including bones
- Raw and cooked fruit and vegetables
- Leftovers from your plate
- Rice, pasta, beans
- Bread, cake and pastries
- Cheese and eggs – including egg shells
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
What garden waste can be recycled?
- Flowers and plants*
- Leaves from the garden
- Grass cuttings and hedge clippings
- Twigs and small branches
- Hay and straw pet bedding (e.g. rabbits and guinea pigs)*
*Cut flowers, house plants and pet bedding are considered to be household waste and not garden waste. Pet bedding does not include cat litter or dog poo which should continue to be put in the grey bin.
We will not empty green bins or green caddies which contain the following:
- Liquids – milk, cooking oils, etc.
- Plastic bags
- Plastic food packaging
- Turf and ash
- Soil and stone
- Dog and cat faeces
Bags of waste presented to the side of the bin will not be collected. If you do have extra recycling, please take this to your local household waste recycling centre.