Adults and older people

Whether you are looking for help for yourself or for someone else, there are services and organisations throughout Trafford who are here for you.  You can view the full range of advice, services and activities available on the Adults and older people area of the Trafford Directory.

If you are are concerned about an adult who may be at risk, you can find more information about how to report concerns about an adult.

How to get help

If you are finding it difficult to manage at home, or are caring for someone and need some support, then you can contact Trafford Adult Social Services.

You can find out more about adult social care needs assessments and information about paying towards your care.

Adults Portal

Our Adults Portal can help you complete a referral to Adults Social Care, or tell us if you or someone else is at risk of abuse, harm or neglect. Professionals can also use the portal for referrals.

MFT Care Navigation Service

Help for living at home

If you have problems bathing, washing or moving around your home, there is a range of specially designed equipment to help make looking after yourself simpler and help you to stay living independently in your own home.

If you are looking to adapt your home, find out more about trusted local tradespeople.

If you feel you need support in your home you may want to get help from a home care agency.

Direct payments

Direct payment budgets enable you choose and buy the services you need yourself, instead of getting them from us.

Disabled facilities grant

If you or a member of your household is disabled they may qualify for a disabled facilities grant towards the cost of providing facilities or adaptations to enable the disabled person to continue to live in their own homes.

Support for carers

If you are caring for an elderly or disabled adult find out more about a free carer's assessment.  You can also find advice, services and activities for carers on the Trafford Directory.

Housing and residential care

If you no longer feel able to live independently in your own home, there are different kinds of homes where you can live with the support of carers and still enjoy a great quality of living.

Find out more about housing and residential care.

Keeping fit and well

If you would like advice on losing weight, getting fit, dealing with an addiction and much more have a look at our health and wellbeing area.