Local Plan Evidence Base
The Local Plan evidence base is the information and analysis that is the basis of evidence for the development of planning policy and the Local Plan.
The Local Plan guides development in Trafford. The evidence base is made up of a series of reports listed below arranged by topic.
The Trafford Local Plan evidence base will be added to as the Local Plan process progresses. New evidence base documents will be added to this page throughout the plan preparation process.
Evidence base documents at the Greater Manchester levelhave also been produced. These evidence base documents have fed into the production of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework consultation drafts. This evidence has also informed the draft Traford Local Plan policies.
MappingGM provides a range of maps that you can use to explore Greater Manchester’s housing, planning, infrastructure, socio-economic and demographic data.
- Employment Land Review Update as at 1st April 2020
- Employment Land Review Update as at 1st April 2019” (May 2020)
- Employment Land Availability Report, 2008
- Employment Land Availability Report, 2009
- Employment Land Availability Report, 2010
- Trafford Employment Land Study, 2009
- Trafford Employment Land Study – Maps, 2009
- Trafford Employment Land Study: Update Review of the Employment Land Supply Portfolio, 2010
- Employment Land Review, 2013 update
- Technical Note: PPS4 Assessment for B1 Office Floorspace in Trafford, 2010
- Economic Development Plan: Executive Summary, 2005
- Economic Development Plan, 2005
- Trafford’s Economic Assessment, 2009
Historic areas and conservation
Open space and recreation
Town centres and retail
Transport / infrastructure